Laney’s most important resource is its employees. Our people and their skills, motivation, and commitment to excellence are the source of our character and critical to our success.
At Laney, we are looking for committed individuals who believes in our mission, vision, and values. By joining Laney, you will have a unique opportunity to take your career to the next level and be a valued employee in a company that recognizes the dignity of each individual, respect each employee and promote development through training that broadens work related skills.
OPPORTUNITIES WITH LANEY
Laney Directional Drilling is seeking an operations accountant at its Spring, Tx location.
The Operations Accountant works integrally with the operations and finance department management in the reporting of financial metrics, implementation of control procedures and management of the monthly POC revenue cycle. The Operations Accountant also ensures that meaningful data is collected utilizing efficient processes, stored in a central repository, distributed and presented in an efficient meaningful manner.
- Proactively liaise with project managers on budget to actual variances
- Proactively liaise with yard director on P&L variances and control environment enhancements
- Assist operations in justification, ROI/NPV analysis and submittal of all CAPEX spending
- Prepare, analyze and distribute monthly project reports to Project Managers and maintain company's job cost files
- Prepare, analyze and record the monthly POC/WIP calculation entries
- Design, maintain and develop daily tracking and monthly procedures for the reconciliation of the company’s electronic inventory system
- Liaise with the operations department regarding timeliness and accuracy of project related financial data and new information requests
- Liaise with estimating department on historical project results analysis as it relates to similar project bids
- Function as primary contact between operations and finance regarding reporting and information requirements as it relates to the company's ERP system
- Liaise with the operational excellence manager in assessing areas of opportunity for enhancing the companies reporting environment and data collection procedures
- Function as primary contact between operations and finance regarding reporting, trending and cost analysis as it relates to each division managers assets including AFE justification
- Run monthly financials and explain/research variances from plan
- Reconcile all project related balance sheet accounts monthly
Salary commensurate with experience. CPA or MBA preferred.
E-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org