Health | Safety | Environment
It is the mission of Laney to provide a safe workplace that is free from hazards to protect our employees, customers, and the community. In supporting this mission, Laney believes in the following core principles:
- All injuries and incidents are preventable.
- Our health, safety and environmental program requires the participation of all employees, in order to promote safety and environmental awareness and prevent all incidents, injuries, and illnesses to our employees, customers and the community.
- Every employee is empowered to stop any unsafe act and will be supported in their decision by company management. A safe workplace is not just a right it is everyone’s obligation.
- Productivity in the absence of safety will not be rewarded.
- A key driver of our business is the protection of the environmentally sensitive areas in which we work. We will strive to minimize the environmental impact every time.
- Management will monitor health, safety, and environmental performance to ensure that our objectives are achieved.
- Zero will always be the expectation – zero incidents, injuries, illnesses and zero damage to property, equipment and the environment. Should we fall short of this expectation, we will investigate to understand the cause and use that knowledge to prevent a future occurrence.